Global 1940 Second Edition - Balance Mod (with "Vichy France" Rule Set)
Balance Mod Credits: Adam514, aznz, Deathbringer1974, dust, dss85, Gencre, regularkid _______________________________________ _
Revised Air Raid Rules: Fighters attack and defend at 2. Strategic and tactical bombers attack at 1.
Revised Capital Capture Rules: The capture of a player's capital results in the plunder of that player's PUs only the first time the capital is taken. Subsequent recapture of the same capital results in the player's PUs being destroyed.
New Unit - Marines: Cost 5; Attack at 1 (2 during amphibious assaults; no bonus from artillery); Defend at 2; Can be loaded onto cruisers and battleships (1 to a ship). Additional National Objectives
Russia * 3 PUs if Russia is at war with European Axis, and there are no non-Russian Allied units in any originally Russian territory. * 3 PUs for each originally German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory that Russia controls in mainland Europe. (This modifies Russia's "Spread of Communism" objective). * 2 PUs for each of the following Lend-Lease lanes that is "open" (i.e., the specified Sea Zone has no enemy warships and the specified territory is Allied controlled) when Russia is at war with European Axis: (1) sz 125, Archangel ; (2) sz 80, Persia; (3) sz 5, Amur (This modifies Russia's "Lend Lease" objective). * An additional 2 PUs per each "open" Lend-Lease lane, when Russia is at war with European Axis, if Japan has also declared war on Russia.
Note: When not at war with Japan, Russia may not move its units into any non-Russian Allied territory in Asia, other than Syria, Trans-Jordan, Iraq, Persia, NorthWest Persia, and East Persia. Also, when not at war with Russia, Japan may not move its units into any originally Russian territory controlled by European Axis.
* 5 PUs if Axis controls Dutch New Guinea, New Guinea, New Britain and Solomon Islands. (This modifies Japan's "Strategic Perimeter" objective). * 5 PUs if Axis controls Midway, Wake Island, Guam.
* 5 PUs if USA is at war and Allies control Midway, Wake Island, Guam. * 5 PUs if USA is at war and Allies control Marshall Islands, Caroline Islands, Paulau Island, Marianas. * 5 PUs if Allies control at least 2 of: Normandy Bordeaux, Holland Belgium, Southern France, and USA has at least one land unit in any of these territories. * 5 PUs if Allies control Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia, and USA has at least one land unit in any of these territories.
* 3 PUs if Allies control Yunnan, Szechwan, Burma, and India. (This modifies China's "Burma Road" objective). * At the start of China's turn, a Chinese infantry is spawned in each non-coastal Chinese territory under Axis control that is not garrisoned by at least one Axis land unit (i.e., infantry, marine, mech infantry, artillery, or armor). These "guerrillas" engage in combat wherever they are spawned and may not be moved until China's next turn.
* 3 PUs if UK Europe controls all its original territories. (This modifies UK's "Original Territories" objective). * 3 PUs if Allies control at least 2 of: Sicily, Sardinia, Greece, Southern Italy, and Allies have at least one land unit in any of these territories. * 3 PUs if there are no enemy submarines in the Atlantic, excluding szs 112 and 125-127. * 3 PUs if Malta, Crete, and Cyprus are Allied or Pro-Allied controlled. * 3 PUs for UK Pacific when at war with the Japanese if: (1) British control West India and either Egypt or South Africa; and (2) there are no enemy submarines in the western half of the Indian Ocean (sz71,...,sz81).
* 3 PUs if Malta, Cyprus, and Crete are Axis controlled.
* 3 PUs if ANZAC is at war with the Japanese and Dutch New Guinea, New Guinea, New Britain and Solomon Islands are controlled by the Allies (other than the Dutch). (This modifies ANZAC's "Strategic Islands" objective). * 3 PUs if ANZAC is at war with the Japanese and Gilbert Islands, Fiji, and Samoa are Allied controlled.
**VICHY FRANCE RULE SET**
The following rule-set simulates the circumstances and strategic consequences of the Franco-German Armistice, and is intended for play with the G40 Balance Mod.
Game Conditions for Franco-German Armistice
At the beginning of France's turn, if the following conditions are met, the Franco-German Armistice will occur:
1. Axis has control of both France and Normandy Bordeaux; 2. Axis has never controlled Southern France; and 3. There are no non-French, Allied units in Southern France.
Game Consequences of Franco-German Armistice
French Territorial Control: At the beginning of France's first turn in which Armistice conditions are met, all originally French territories not already under Axis control immediately change ownership to Pro-Axis Neutrals, except: (1) French Equatorial Africa; (2) New Hebrides; (2) any French territories containing non-French allied units.
With the exception of Southern France (see discussion of "Zone Libere" below), Vichy French territory works the same way as other Pro-Axis Neutral territory--i.e., an Axis player may capture Vichy French territory and commandeer its forces by moving a land unit into the territory during the non-combat phase of his turn.
Fly-over restrictions applicable to other Neutral territories do not apply to Vichy French territory.
Fleet at Toulon: In addition to the change in French territorial control, the Armistice changes control of the the French fleet in sz 93, from French to Pro-Axis neutral. The Vichy French fleet maintains a strictly defensive posture. It may not be moved. It may not be captured by the Axis. The fleet is immediately destroyed if any power, other than the Free French, occupies Southern France
"Zone Libre": Any Axis occupation of Southern France following the Armistice results in the scuttling of the Vichy French Fleet at Toulon and the disbandment of all remaining Vichy French forces. These forces are removed at the end of the Axis player's turn in which the occupation of Southern France takes place. Any formerly Vichy French forces that were previously commandeered by the Axis are unaffected by this change.
Armistice's Effect on National Objectives: Following the armistice, Southern France is considered Axis-controlled for purposes of Italy's "Roman Empire" objective. Otherwise, the Vichy France arrangement has no impact on National Objectives. Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco must still be directly occupied by Germany or Italy to achieve Italy's "North Africa" objective. Japanese occupation of French Indo China still negates Japan's "Trade With America" objective.
Liberation of France: The Allied liberation of France effectively terminates the Armistice. Any territory and forces still under Vichy French control (including any surviving fleet in sz 93) revert back to Free French control. The Vichy French forces in the Southern France and sz 93 will also revert back if Southern France is liberated by the Free French.