- "Soldiers who make up the backbone of any ground force."
- —Infantry description
Infantry are the primary combat unit of all Axis & Allies games.
Images are shown in slideshow
* The Dutch infantry is actually the old Australian infantry, until the colour scheme was changed
^ This is the new French infantry, but many games still use the old version.
- Use Infantry as fodder for your more expensive units. Since Infantry are the least expensive unit in the game, they can be taken as casualties instead of more expensive units, reducing the overall loss in PUs/IPCs from the enemy hit.
- Infantry are useful as a cheap defensive unit, being inexpensive and having reasonably good defensive strength, making them good for guarding far-flung territories you can't afford to get better units to.
- If you are using Infantry on offense, make sure to bring Artillery to support them. Artillery support increases Infantry's hit odds from 1/6 to 2/6.