Download: Repository/Experimental/Oztea 1939 Global
Global 1940 Second Edition
Credits: Bung, Veqryn
Oztea 1939 Global
The world stands on the brink of catastrophe. The rising tide of fascism approaches the breakwater of history, as the dictatorial regimes of Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and The Italian Empire seek to expand their rule across the entire planet. A decade of instigation, skirmishes, and attempts to placate these tyrants have failed. And so the world plunges into a new World War. The German Reich, wants “Living Space” to expand it’s nation, which it plans to absorb from it’s west and it’s east. The Italians seek to restore the glory of the Roman Empire and dominate the entire Mediterranean basin. While the Japanese Empire desires to flush out the western colonial powers from Asia, and establish a Pan-Asian Co-Prosperity sphere, with themselves at it’s apex. Their goals are lofty, and if successful these powers would establish a new world order. However, standing against them, weary from the last war, disorganized by purges and economic depressions stand the Allied Powers. The strength of The United Kingdom, its Commonwealth and French Republic may be waning, but they will not see the world fall into a new dark age without a fight. The Soviet Union, stands as their unlikely ally, since it too finds itself in the cross-hairs of the fascist wolves. Will it be able to withstand the coming storm? Though the new world, and the United States stands reluctant to spill blood and treasure in this most trying of times. Political willpower is hard to come by, and though the economy has begun to recover and some strength has been regained, the world holds it’s breath in hope they will decide in time to rescue the world from a new dark age. The year is 1939, and the war to decide the fate of the world has begun.
This is Oztea's 1939 set up for the Global 1940 game. Politically the game begins as if it were two turns before a normal 1940 start. Germany is at war with France, UK, and ANZAC. Japan is at war with China.
When activating Pro Neutrals, Players may only move into not through these Territories. AAguns may not activate Pro Neutrals. This is Player Enforced.
USSR begins at war with "Pro-Axis" Neutrals. It may also activate "Pro-Allied" Neutrals.
Soviet naval units in the Pacific Theater must remain adjacent to original Soviet territory while the Soviet Union is neutral to Japan. (Or until Moscow has been captured).
The Japanese Kamikaze special rule is deactivated when using the 1939 setup. It can be turned on in Map Options. "Use Kamikaze Suicide Attacks".
USA cannot go to war against the Axis until the beginning of PU collect phase of USA 5, unless of course an Axis power attacks it first.
Player Enforced USA may not end movement in seazone adjacent to Japanese controlled territories when not at war with Japan (Sea Zones 6, 17, 19, 20, 22, 32, 33, 34, 36, and 37).
Player Enforced Use Edit USA does not have to declare war at the end of USA 5 if they do not want to.
Italy, while not at war may move naval units out of the Mediterranean Use Edit. They may declare war at any time, however unless Paris has fallen their combat moves may not include attacks on any game space occupied by French or British units. This is Player Enforced
The Benelux Faction (Dutch & Belgians) are an independent faction aligned to no power. However, when and if any territory they posses is attacked by an Axis power, all Benelux territories become treated as Pro-Allied.
Factories built on Chinese territory are no longer destroyed/removed if liberated by Allied forces.
Modified National Objectives
Trade with the Soviet Union 5 PUs while at peace with the Soviet Union.
“Liebensraum” - Living Space in the East 5 PUs for German or Italian control of any 7 of the following 9 at the end of your turn. (Baltic States, Belarus, Smolensk, Eastern Poland, Western Ukraine, Ukraine, Bessarabia, Bryansk, Rostov)
Swedish Iron Ore 5 PUs for control of Norway, Denmark, and pro-axis or neutral Sweden.
German Presence in Egypt 2 PUs if there is at least one German land unit in Egypt, whether or not it is controlled by Italy or Germany or Japan.
Middle Eastern Oil 2 PUs for each of the following territories controlled by Germany or has a German land unit. (Persia, Northwestern Persia, Iraq, Saudi-Arabia)
Caucasus Oil 5 PUs for Axis control of the Caucasus
Domination in the East 3 PUs for Axis control of each or any of the following. (Lenningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow)
Domination in the West 3 PUs for Axis control (includes Neutral Axis) of all of the following. (Holland/Belgium, France, Southern France, Normandy/Bordeaux)
Lend Lease 3 PUs for control of any/each of the following combination of territories and sea zones free of hostile axis warships (Archangel & SZ 125) (Soviet Far East & SZ 3) (Western Allied control of Persia & SZ 80)
In the event Moscow is no longer controlled this bonus may be collected and spent in the form of infantry directly on any original Soviet territory, while no Western Allied units are in original Soviet territory and Russia is at war with the European Axis. This is Player Enforced
Spread of Communism 1 PU for each Soviet control marker placed on any Axis, Pro-Axis, Pro-Allied, or Neutral territory. (Including Mongolia)
Subjugated People 5 PUs if each originally Chinese territory you control contains at least one Japanese land unit. AAguns count as a land unit.
You will be notified at the end of Japan's turn if any of your Chinese controlled territories are not garrisioned. You will need to EDIT the correct PUs if necessary.
You may turn these Notifications off in "Map Options". You may also start a game with them on and save the game. When you start the saved game you can then turn them off in "Map Options".
Trade with the Western Powers 5 PUs if you are at peace with the Western Allies.
Control of Western Power Centers 5 PUs for control of each or any of the following: Calcutta, Sydney, Honolulu .
Army Plan 5 PUs for control of Korea and any five originally Soviet territories (May not be collected in any turn with the Navy Plan)
Navy Plan 5 PUs for control of Borneo, Java, Sumatra, Celebes (May not be collected in any turn with the Army Plan)
Pacific Primacy 5 PUs for Japanese control of any eight Pacific Islands that have no PU value.
Continental United States 10 PUs for control of Western, Central and Eastern US, while at war.
Philippines 5 PUs for control of the Philippines, while at war.
Pacific Defense Obligations 5 PUs for control of Hawaii, Alaska, Aleutians, Johnston and Line Islands, while at war.
Central American Defense Obligations 5 PUs for control of Mexico, Southeast Mexico, West Indies, and Central America, while at war.
Pacific Primacy 5 PUs for US control of any eight Pacific Islands that have no PU value.
The Second Front 3 PUs for each/any continental European territory with a printed PU value that is controlled by the Western Allies and occupied by US land forces, and the land forces of any other Western Allied power(s).
The 2nd Front Objective will only show true in the objectives tab when Normandy is activated. All others are listed at end of turn.
Japan War Scare Optional
3 PUs if Japan attacks French Indo China and is not at war with the United States. Turn on in "Map Options" before game start.
Americans Presence In France Optional
USA receives 5 PUs per turn when they have a unit in France. Turn on in "Map Options" before game start.
CHINA Burma Road 6 PUs for control of the Burma Road. (India, Burma, Yunnan, Szechwan) (may build artillery).
Industrial Base 5 PUs for control of any Factory (may build artillery).
UNITED KINGDOM Shipping Lanes Secure [European Economy] 5 PUs for control of United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Malta, Egypt, Trans-Jordan, British Somali-land, West India & India and no hostile Axis warships adjacent to these territories.
The Power of the New World [European Economy] 5 PUs for control of all Canadian territories, the United States is at war, and no axis warships in sea zones 101-109 or 116-123. When the UK does not control London, this bonus and ONLY Canadian marked PUs, may continue to be collected, saved and spent at any Canadian industrial complex.
You will need to EDIT the correct PUs to Canada if London has fallen.
Shipping Lanes Secure [Pacific Economy] 3 PUs for control of United Kingdom, Gibraltar, Malta, Egypt, Trans-Jordan, British Somali-land, West India & India and no hostile Axis warships adjacent to these territories.
Pacific Power Centers [Pacific Economy] 5 PUs for Control of Hong Kong and Malaya when at war with Japan.
ITALY Mare Nostrum 5 PUs if no hostile Allied surface warships are in the Mediterranean (92-99) OR Axis control of all islands in the Mediterranean (Sardinia, Sicily, Malta, Crete, Cyprus).
Italian North African Empire 5 PUs for Axis control of North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, Alexandria).
Mediterranean Power Centers 5 PUs for Axis control (includes Neutral Axis) of 3 of 4 (Gibraltar, Egypt, Southern France, Greece).
Middle East Oil 2 PUs for each or any of the following territories controlled by Italy or has an Italian land unit. (Persia, Northwestern Persia, Iraq, Saudi-Arabia).
War of National Defense 12 PUs (One Time Only) of units to be placed in Northern Italy or Southern Italy at the end of a combat movement phase if you are attacked by the Western Allies while you are still neutral. (Before Paris has fallen). The engine will give you 4 infantry placed in Southern Italy. Use edit mode if you want something other than 4 infantry by deleting the infantry and replacing them with what you really want.
ANZAC Island Security 5 PUs for control of Dutch New Guinea, New Guinea, New Britain, and Solomon Islands, when at war with Japan.
Shipping Security 5 PUs for allied control of Malaya and all original ANZAC territory, when at war with Japan.
FRANCE Le Grande Armee 12 PUs (One Time Only) of French units to be placed in France if it ever contains US or UK land units. The engine will give you 4 infantry placed in France. Use edit mode if you want something other than 4 infantry by deleting the infantry and replacing them with what you really want.
Northwestern Persia (no longer Pro-Allied)
Persia (no longer Pro-Allied)
Eastern Persia (no longer Pro-Allied)
Benelux [Dutch/Belgian] (Treat as Pro-Allied after any of their possessions are attacked).
Begining round 2, adds 1 Infantry to Holland Belgium after German Non Combat Move every turn until Holland is attacked and conquered. Activates via "Map Options".
If Holland is liberated it will begin producing 1 Infantry a turn again. This represents manpower from the local population.
Adds "Charles de Gaulle Neutrals" (Only "Modified" option is available).
Discussed in detail here:https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/28180/should-we-make-better-rules-for-invadable-neutrals-1940/4?page=1
Check the box in "Map Options" before game start. You will need to declare war against the True Neutrals in order to attack them. You will need to Player Enforce correct "Neutral" behavior if needed.
Neutral Ships don’t affect naval at all unless you are attacking them. Neutral Navies are represented with a "Neutral_Navy" unit placed in their Home country. You will need to Edit the appropriate number of Ships Before your Combat Move.
When attacking a neutral, the units written here are immediately placed in the attacked territory as well as any territories alligned to them (triplea does this automatically). The opposing team will pick a player Player Enforced to represent those forces and collect income from any of their territories you failed to take. So, after combat, use edit to change any surviving units and the territory itself, to the Player of your choice.
The neutrals which have more than one territory are:
Mongolia (use OOB rules for this one)
Portugal: Portugal, Portuguese Giunea, Angola, Mozambique
Spain: Spain, Rio de Oro
The new neutral setup is:
Venezuela: 6 infantry
Colombia: 1 infantry
Ecuador: 1 infantry
Peru: 1 infantry
Bolivia: 1 infantry
Paraguay: 1 infantry
Uraguay: 1 infantry
Argentina: 6 infantry
SZ 66 (alligned with Argentina): 1 cruiser
Chile: 4 infantry
Mozambique: 1 infantry
Angola: 1 infantry
Portugal: 4 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 AA gun
SZ 104 (alligned with Portugal): 1 cruiser, 1 transport
Spain: 10 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 AA gun, 1 tank, 1 fighter
SZ 92 (alligned with Spain): 1 destroyer
SZ 91 (alligned with Spain): 1 destroyer
Switzerland: 6 infantry
Sweden: 6 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 AA gun
SZ 114 (alligned with Sweden): 1 destroyer
Turkey: 8 infantry, 1 artillery, 1 AA gun, 1 fighter
SZ 99 (alligned with Turkey): 1 destroyer
Arabia: 6 infantry
Afghanistan: 4 infantry
"Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified".
Changes the unit setup for:
Poland: -2 infantry adds 1 fighter
Switzerland: -2 infantry adds 1 artillery, 1 AA gun
Venezuela: -1 infantry adds 1 artillery
Argentina: -1 infantry adds 1 artillery
Chile: -1 infantry adds 1 artillery
Discussed in detail here:https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/28180/should-we-make-better-rules-for-invadable-neutrals-1940/4?page=1
Escorts and Interceptors A2D2
Escorts and Interceptors now attack and defend on 2. Activates via "Map Options".
Adds Vichy rules. They are as follows:
If Germany conquers France on turn 2 and only turn 2, it will activate the "Vichy Option". After their Non Combat Move, each French territory will be rolled for to determine if they become Vichy controlled or not. A roll of 1,2 or 3 and the territory turns Vichy. A 4,5 or 6 and it remains Free French. The only exception is "Southern France" which automatically turns Vichy.
Southern France will also have 2 Vichy Infantry placed there. All Vichy territories and units are represented by the "Neutral Axis". They behave the same as Non-Vichy Pro-Axis Neutrals.
If any Allied units are present in a territory that becomes Vichy, on their turn they have the option to stay and fight or leave, if possible. The only exception are air units, which are destroyed.
At the begininng of France's 2nd turn, each French Naval Unit will be rolled for to determine if they become Vichy. A roll of 1,2 or 3 and the Unit is imemdiately ordered to the Vichy Harbor in Sea Zone 93. A 4,5 or 6 and it remains Free French.
Vichy ordered ships must take the most direct route possible to Sea Zone 93. They may not attack (Player Enforced) but can defend normally. Once a Vichy ordered ship arrives in 93 Sea Zone, it will "turn" Vichy at the end of the turn. Vichy Ships are controlled by the "True Neutrals". You will need to declare war against them in order to attack Vichy Ships. They may not move and defend only.
If a ship hasn't arrived in 93 Sea Zone by the end of French turn 3, it will not automatically turn "Vichy" if it enters 93 Sea Zone on the following turns. You may either use "Edit" or decide that the Captain has disregarded his orders and has stayed Free French.
If Southern France is taken over by any Axis player, then all Vichy territories immediately revert to Free French. This includes any Vichy Units that are present.
Vichy Naval Units are rolled for to determine their fate. On a roll of 1,2,3 or 4, the Fleet is scuttled and removed from play. On a roll of 5 or 6, another roll is taken. On a roll of 1,2 or 3, the Fleet reverts to Free French. On a roll of 4,5, or 6, it turns into the Axis player.
If Southern France is controlled by an Allied player (excluding Russia) a roll of 1 thru 5 will scuttle the Fleet. A roll of 6 and the Fleet will revert to Free French. Vichy land territories are unaffected.
If Southern France is taken control of by the Free French, the Fleet and all Vichy territories immediately revert to Free French. If France is liberated, all Vichy territories and units revert to Free French.
Capital Cash Once
The second time a Capital is capurted it's PUs are destroyed instead of captured. Activates via "Map Options".
This Mod is discussed in detail here:
Fix some Declaration of War notifications. Clarify Italy DOW on Britain and France.
Make Germany and Russia able to Declare War on "True Neutrals" individually when "Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified" or "Vichy Option" is activated.
Make USA Objective "Presence In France" a Map Option and add to Objectives Tab. Add "Capital Cash Once" as a Map Option. Make most Players able to Declare War on "True Neutrals" individually when "Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified" or "Vichy Option" is activated.
Fix Italy auto DOW on Dutch when DOW on UK or France.
Fix incorrect wording on Russian Lend Lease objective sea zone 103 corrected to sea zone 3.
Adds Japan can Declare War on the Dutch independent of other players.
Fix Axis rolling for Southern France more than once. Fix Allies liberation of France not immediately liberating all Vichy Territories and Units. Fix incorrect Vichy Ship prompts and placement.
Add "Vichy Option". Add "Japan War Scare" objective. Change British player so their turn starts with map centered on the United Kingdom. Made "DeGaulle Neutrals Modified" auto declare war on True Neutrals. Turned off map option "Use Kamikaze Suicide Attacks".
Fix Brazil Infantry not changing to American correctly. Add option to turn off notifications for "Subjugation" objective. Add AAguns able to garrison China. Add otption "Escorts and Interceptors A2D2".
Change Mid East Oil Objectives for Germany and Italy to allow control or unit presence.
Change Burma to UK Pacific Ownership.
Clarify De Gaulle Neutrals DOW.
Restore German Declaration of War on True Nuetrals and Mongolians.
Restore German Declaration of War on Dutch.
Change "Middle Eastern Oil" objective for Germany and Italy to require control instead of presence. Add German trigger for 2pu if unit presence in Egypt. Add notifications for Japan "Subjugated People" objective. Change Poland setup when "Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified" are active.
Change "Med Power Center" objective for Italy to require Axis control instead of Italian. Clarify USA enty into war. Remove German trigger for 5pu unit presence in Egypt.
Fix Neutral navy Image error.
Fix setup errors. Add Charles de Gaulle Neutrals Modified. Add Units Can Load In Hostile Sea Zones.
Clarify Game Notes on Soviet at war status at game start.
Changed "Middle East Oil" Objective to be "Occupied" not "Controlled". Changed "Mediterranean Power Centers" to "Italian Controlled" from "Allied Controlled".
Fixed pro-allied territories' units not changing into Allied player's units when activated.
Note This game uses the latest Global 1940 2nd Edition (successor to Alpha +3) rules, as posted on Larry's website.
To blitz move mech_infantry with armour, you must click on them both at the same time (use CTRL to create waypoints).
Paratroopers tech enables a second combat movement phase which happens right after the first combat movement phase, and the second one only allowes movement of paratrooping infantry.
The game is not meant to take over your responsibility in knowing the rules. For example, the game engine is not always going to restrict or allow certain attacks. It is your responsibility to know the rules and abide by them. Most of the game notes that follow can be thought of as differences compared to WWIIv3 or WWIIv4 rules but obviously are not a complete manual for the game. Beginners to these games are suggested to ask for help in the lobby or on the forums at http://www.tripleawarclub.org
You must always validate your own movement, especially air movement at sea. The engine is not perfect.
If you ever need to create new UK units, always create "British" units, do not create "UK_Pacific" units (except for Factories and facilities, all UK_Pacific units turn into British units when placed normally).
The Warbonds technology will give the PUs to the British, please use edit mode if you want some of it to go to UK Pacific.
You may also need to use edit mode to correct things listed below.
Below is a list of rules that the TripleA game engine either does not enforce, or enforces incorrectly, at this point.
Each item starts with a code in parentheses that represents how you may fix or correct the rule.
(PE) = Player Enforced = You must be aware of the rule and must follow it. The engine will not stop you from breaking the rule.
(CL) = Comment Log = You must record what you are doing in the comment log, because TripleA does not keep that information around. (To access the comment log, go to the 'view' menu, and click 'show comment log', then type a comment there.)
(SR) = Save/Reload = You may save the game now or at the start of the phase, then reload it, in order to solve this problem.
(EM) = Edit Mode = You must use Edit Mode to correct or fix the error, because the engine either disallows the rule or otherwise does something wrong that you can correct.
(NA) = None Available = There is no fix available for this yet.
Rules specific to 1940 the engine does not do, but you must follow:
- (EM) You may ask for permission during your turn to move through a canal owned by a power you are not yet at war with (use edit mode to move them).
* (CL) TripleA does not keep track of which neutral territories have been previously attacked (use comment log to keep track of this instead).
* (PE) You are not allowed to blitz or move any units through Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured, unless they have been previously attacked.
* (PE) You may not land air units in Friendly Neutrals, including the same turn they are captured, unless they have been previously attacked.
* (PE) You can not fly over unfriendly neutrals, unless they are being attacked or they have previously been attacked.
* (PE) Friendly Neutrals can not be 'captured' with an AA Gun, only by land units with an attack power.
* (PE) You may not build facilities on territories that were Dutch at the start of your turn.
* (PE) You may not attack a territory containing units owned by a nation that you are not at war with (even if the territory is owned by someone you are at war with).
* (PE) USA may not end movement in seazone adjacent to Japanese controlled territories when not at war with Japan (Sea Zones 6, 17, 19, 20, 22, 32, 33, 34, 36, and 37).
* (EM) Japan can fly over UK and French territories before going to war with them.
* (EM) USA does not have to declare war at the end of USA 3 if they do not want to.
* (PE) You may not conduct an amphibious assault from an allied transport if the defender could scramble and you have no other combat units to protect that transport.
* (EM) If Russia is at war with Italy, but not with Germany, a German warship in sz125 will cancel Russia's national objective (and same if at war with Germany but not Italy, and there is an Italian boat in sz125).
* (EM) If UK Pacific captures Japan, the money should go to UK Pacific, even if UK Pacific's capital is occupied.
* (EM) You must place all units you purchased if you are able to, or as many as you can. Any units not placed get refunded to you (TripleA instead carries them over to the next turn).
* (PE) The victory conditions must be held for a full continuous round after they are achieved (so for example if Italy takes Egypt as the 8th European VC, then the Axis must hold 8 VCs continuously until Italy's next turn).
* (EM) Rocket damage to an airfield should occur after scrambling, which means if an airbase is disabled by the rocket attack, it could still scramble this turn.
* (PE) Paratroopers (airborne) may not attack multiple territories from a single airbase.
General rules for all A&A games that the engine does not do, but you must follow:
- (PE) Battles should be resolved in this order: all SBR, then all Amphibious Assaults, then all others.
* (SR or EM) Repairing and Purchase are should actually be done at the same time.
* (CL) TripleA does keep track of which units are on which transports, but there is no easy way to see this information when it is not your turn.
* (CL) TripleA should, but does not keep track of which air units are on which carriers.
* (PE) All air moved must have a way of potentially being picked up or landing, and all air that survives combat MUST be picked up if possible.
* (PE) TripleA should not allow non-combat moves to be done during combat move phase.
* (PE) Only non-air units that did not move during combat move and did not participate in combat, may move during non-combat-move.
* (PE) Transports can only be loaded in 1 phase (not both), and unloaded in 1 phase (not both).
* (PE) Transports if unloading for amphibious assault, must unload all their units, and may not hold back some units while offloading other units.
* (NA) Each phase of combat should have all units in that phase fire before any casualty selection occurs, whereas right now in TripleA if air and subs are involved then units might be broken up into smaller groups and casualty selection done for each group.
* (EM) If you select for a bombardment from a sea zone, you should be able to select which units you want to have bombard, but currently all possible units are used.
Victory Conditions To win with the following victory conditions, a side must maintain it for a complete round of play and must also control at least one of its own capital cities.
Axis Victory: 8 European Victory Cities OR 6 Pacific Victory Cities where at least one is Rome/Berlin/Japan. Allied Victory: Berlin and Rome and Japan are under allied control and allies maintain control of one of their own capitals.
Canals/Straits There are 5 canals/straits in the game with the following set of conditions.
|Canal/Strait Name||Geographical Location||Land Movement Restriction||Control for Ship Movement|
|Panama Canal||Central America is one territory through which ships can move.||None. It requires no movement to cross.||Central America|
|Suez Canal||Connects Trans-Jordan and Egypt. Connects sea zone 81 and 98.||Possible.||Egypt and Trans-Jordan|
|Strait of Gibraltar||Connects sea zone 91 and 92.||Not possible.||Only Gibraltar, except there are no control restrictions on submarines.|
|Danish Straits||Connects sea zone 112 and 113.||Not possible.||Only Denmark.|
|Turkish Straits||Connects sea zones 99 and 100. Turkey is one territory through which ships can move.||None. It requires no movement to cross.||Turkey|
Air units have no restrictions for any strait or canal.
Political Situation At the start of the game Germany and Italy are at war with the UK and ANZAC and France only, while Japan is at war with China only. Any countries not at war with each other ignore each other's naval units and obviously cannot go into each others ground territories. There are a number of specific politically related rules/conditions for each country:
- Germany/Italy/Japan can declare war on USA or Russia or China at any time.
- If Germany/Italy/Japan is at war with one of USA or Russia or China it doesn't affect relations with the other.
- While not yet at war with the USA, Japan may not move into sea zones within 2 spaces of Western USA or Alaska.
- Russia cannot go to war against the Germans and Italians until the beginning of purchase units phase of Russia 4, unless of course they attack it first, or the Axis capture London.
- Russia and Japan may declare war on each other at any time. When not at war, Russia may not enter China.
- If USA is not at war with Germany or Italy, USA may only move its units to sea zones touching USA territories and also Sea Zone 102.
- If USA is not at war with Japan, USA may not move its units into sea zones touching Japanese controlled territories.
- USA cannot go to war against the Axis until the beginning of PU collect phase of USA 3, unless of course an Axis power attacks it first.
- Once at war, the Minor Factories in continental USA upgrade to Major Factories automatically for free, and may be used immediately.
Neutrals There are three types of neutrals:
- pro-Axis: When an Axis unit moves into one of these zones for the first time, that country gets a one-time bonus number of infantry, specified on the map, and control of the territory. The new infantry cannot be moved until the next turn.
- pro-Allies: When an Allied unit moves into one of these zones for the first time, that country gets a one-time bonus number of infantry, specified on the map, and control of the territory. The new infantry cannot be moved until the next turn.
- Regular: If a power attacks a regular neutral, all the other regular neutrals on the board become friendly to the other team.
Note: Capture of friendly neutrals must be done during Non Combat Movement.
When a country moves into a regular or non-friendly neutral during the combat move, it must conduct combat with the number of infantry specified on the map for that neutral. If it loses or retreats, however many infantry that remain are how many that stay in the zone. This means that if Finland was +4 for Axis, and Russia kills 2 infantry and retreats, then Axis only get 2 infantry when they move into Finland.
National Objectives Germany
- 5 PUs if not yet at war with Russia.
- 5 PUs for each German controlled territory: Volgograd or Novgorod or Russia.
- 5 PUs if Axis controls the Caucasus.
- 5 PUs if there is at least one German land unit in Egypt, whether or not it is controlled by Italy or Germany or Japan.
- 5 PUs if Germany controls both Denmark and Norway and Sweden is not allied-controlled or pro-allied.
- 2 PUs for each German controlled territory: Iraq or Persia or Northwest Persia.
- 5 PUs if Russia is at war, sz125 has no Axis warships (all sea units except transports), Archangel is Russia-controlled, and there are no allied units in any originally Russian territories.
- 3 PUs for each originally German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory that Russia controls.
- 10 PUs one time only, the first time Russia conquers Germany (Berlin).
- 10 PUs if not yet at war with USA, has not yet attacked French Indo-China, and has not declared war on UK or ANZAC.
- 5 PUs if Axis controls all of Guam, Midway, Wake Island, Gilbert Islands, and Solomon Islands.
- 5 PUs for each Axis controlled territory: Hawaii, India, New South Wales, and Western United States.
- 5 PUs if Axis controls all of Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and Celebes.
- 5 PUs for UK Europe if UK Europe controls of its original territories.
- 5 PUs for UK Pacific if UK Pacific controls both Kwangtung and Malaya, and is at war with Japan.
- 5 PUs if the Allies control Malaya, and ANZAC controls all of their original territories, and is at war with Japan.
- 5 PUs if the Allies (not including Dutch) control all of Dutch New Guinea, New Guinea, New Britain, and the Solomon Islands, and is at war with Japan.
- 5 PUs if no Allied ships are in the Med: sz92,...,sz99.
- 5 PUs if Axis control at least 3 of: Gibraltar, Egypt, Southern France and Greece.
- 5 PUs if Axis controll all of: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, and Alexandria.
- 2 PUs for each Italian controlled territory: Iraq or Persia or Northwest Persia.
- 10 PUs if USA is at war and EUS, WUS, and CUS are American-controlled.
- 5 PUs if USA is at war and Alaska, Aleutian Islands, Hawaiian Islands, and Johnston Island, and Line Islands are American-controlled.
- 5 PUs if USA is at war and Mexico, South Eastern Mexico, Central America, and West Indies are American-controlled.
- 5 PUs if USA is at war and the Philippines is American-controlled.
- 5 PUs each turn the USA has one land unit in France.
- 6 PUs and may build artillery if the Allies control India, Burma, Yunnan, and Szechwan.
- 12 PUs worth of free units in France the first time France is Liberated (The engine will give you 4 infantry automatically. Use edit mode if you want something other than 4 infantry by deleting the infantry and replacing them with what you really want).
Japan starts the game with 6 attack tokens, and may begin doing Kamikaze Attacks at the start of the game.
These attacks can only be done in sea zones that contain the Kamikaze symbol [the sea zones surrounding: Japan, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Formosa, and the Marianas].
At the end of Japan's enemy's combat-move phase, Japan may target any surface warship in a Kamikaze zone for one or more Kamikaze attacks, ONLY if the enemy is attacking Japanese units there or is conducting an Amphibious Assault from that sea zone.
For each attack, a die is rolled, and a 2 or less is considered a hit. Casualties are removed immediately, and do not participate in any battles. Kamikaze attacks prevent bombardment as well.
Submarines Prevent Unescorted Transports From Making Amphibious Assaults In any Sea Zone containing an enemy submarine, but not containing an owned warship, the submarine will prevent the offloading of troops for an amphibious assault.
Scrambling Fighters and/or Tactical bombers can be scrambled from any territory bordering a sea zone, with an operating airfield (less than 3 damage) to help defend the surrounding sea zone using their standard defense values. They cannot retreat from scrambling (defenders can never retreat) and if the territory they were scrambled from is captured, they're given one extra movement point to land on a friendly territory or open carrier. Scrambled air cannot participate in any other battles that round.
Strategic Bombing Runs (SBR) Bombing can now happen against both types of ICs, harbours, and airfields (attackers choice)[tactical bombers can not target factories though]. Fighters can participate in the bombing run as escorts. Fighters in the territory being bombed can be launched as interceptors (no airfield necessary).
If interceptors are launched: a one-round air battle takes place right away all air involved roll at 1 (jets rolls at 2). Either attacking bombers or fighters can be taken as casualties.
After the air battle, or if there were no interceptors, the escorts are retreated and any bombers/tacs remaining can now be divied up to attack specific targets. Each target rolls its built-in AA gun against the bombers/tacs targetting it. If there is an AA gun in the territory being bombed it does not roll because its there to defend combat units and not complexes/bases.
If any enemy ships are in a power's blockade zones at the end of that power's turn, and the power controls the adjacent ground territory, then the power may lose some of the PUs it would have otherwise collected.
Surface warships roll 1 dice, Submarines and Air units roll 2 dice, and carriers and transports roll zero dice. For any roll of 3 or less, that amount of PUs will not be collected by the surrounding land territories. The power in question cannot lose more PUs from a blockade zones then the worth of the adjacent ground territory to those zones.
- Major Industrial Complexes can only go in territories worth 3 or more, and must be originally owned territories.
- Minor Industrial Complexes can only go in territories worth 2 or more.
- Industrial Complexes can't be built on islands.
- Over-purchase is returned and money is reimbursed.
- Aircraft can be placed on the ground or on a [new] carrier in the adjacent sea zone that has a spot(s) open.
Units These changes to units are things other than price/movement which you can see in the buy menu.
- Bombers now do 2 additional damage in strategic bombing raids, in addition to their dice roll.
- Carriers are two hit.
- Minor Industrial Complexes have 3 production capacity. A Minor IC can be upgraded to a Major IC for 20 PUs, but only on originally owned territories.
- Major Industrial Complexes have 10 production capacity. When a Major IC is captured it automatically becomes a minor IC.
- AA Guns may be taken casualty in combat, and may only fire at up to 3 aircraft each.
New Units Tactical Bombers: can land on carriers, can bomb, and if paired with a tank or fighter the Tac attacks at 4. Tactical Bombers can also strategic bomb Airfields and Harbours (but not factories). Mechanized Infantry: can blitz when paired with a tank, and are supportable by artillery. Carriers: now have 2 hitpoints, and when damaged they do not allow fighters to land, or to leave if cargo.
New Buildings Harbour: Any ships that start their turn in a sea zone adjacent to a harbour get +1 movement points. Any damaged ships are repaired by a harbour at the start of the player's purchase and repair turn phase. Lastly, harbours can be bombed, and if they have 3 or more damage then they do not provide the above bonuses. Airfield: Any air that start their turn on the ground territory with an airfield get +1 movement points. Airfields allow up to 3 planes on that island to scramble (see Scramble section above). Airfields can be bombed, and if they have 3 or more damage then they do not provide the movement bonus.
Credits to Veqryn for almost all related Engine code that allows this map to work.
Corrected UK_Pacific handling for US territories
Stopped British fighters from dying if UK Pacific could place a carrier under them.
Stopped Chinese from being affected by sea zone blockades.
Prevented defensive subs from firing before attackers if an attacking destroyer is present.
Various fixes for paratroopers (airborne) tech.
Various other engine related fixes, and updated game notes with a complete list of rules not enforced.
Moved Politics phase to be after Purchase phase and before Combat Move phase.
China can declare war on European Axis if they move into China's allowed movement range.
ANZAC can now declare war on True Neutrals.
Added the 1942 scenario.
Fixing Japanese objective for taking local power centers like India, to allow allies to take them as well.
Fixing rockets so that many rockets can target the same infrastructure per turn.
Getting British and UK Pacific turn summary posting to be combined.
Deleted connection between 115 Sea Zones and Poland, and changed map tiles to show a connection.
Added in Objective tab text and conditions.
Updating to Global 2nd Edition by removing 1 UK infantry from Egypt.
Updating to Global 2nd Edition by adding Korea to the list of territories that Russia can not attack without permanently losing the ability for Manchuria to join Russia.
Updating to Global 2nd Edition by removing Yukon Territory from map.
Allowed UK_Pacific to repair airfields and harbours under its control.
Disallowed China to repair anything.
Fixing small issue with American not correctly becoming friendly/war with True Neutrals if Japan declares war on all true neutrals before America is at war with Germany.
Fixing issue with trying to Undo a UK europe placement, that previously generated a null pointer error.
Fixing some errors in game notes.
Fixing some errors in game notes.
Creating small variation mod.
Created game option to force tech tokens to be removed after rolling them, regardless of success.
Preventing British and UK_Pacific from both rolling for Warbonds. Instead only British will roll, unless their capital is taken, then UK Pacific will.
Preventing Kamikaze Suicide Attacks from occuring all the time, now should only occur when there is a battle or an amphibious attack from that sea zone.
Created game option that prevent unescorted transports from conducting amphibious assaults.
Added all technology to Global 1940.
Allowed paratroopers to be moved in a second combat movement phase.
Made bonus for Mech Infantry work correctly.
Made Rockets go 4 spaces and not fly over neutrals.
Allowed UK_Pacific to share the cost of researching technology.
Made British share all technology with UK_Pacific.
Allowed Convoy Blockades to roll dice (you can turn this off in game options).
Allowed Low Luck for Strategy Bombing and Rockets to be set again.
Stopped British air units from dying if UK_Pacific was building a factory under them.
Forced Tactical Bombers to only be able to target airfields and harbours.
Allowed Submarines to enter any sea zone during non-combat, but end movement if there is an enemy Destroyer present.
Allowed Italy and Germany to declare war on Russia seperately, and for Russia to declare war seperately as well.
Made Mongolian territories flip to Russian even if Japan attacks but loses against a Russian border territory.
Allowed Chinese units to enter Burma and Kwangtung.
Made all factories on originally Chinese territories be deleted if China controls them.
Added connection between 30 and 31 Sea Zones, and changed map tiles to show a connection.
Deleted connection between Newfoundland Labrador and 121 Sea Zone.
Deleted connection between Rio de Oro and French West Africa.
Added connection between Rio de Oro and Algeria.
Deleted connection between Eastern Persia and 79 Sea Zone.
Fixed issue with Japanese objective for Trade with America.
Allowed user to choose AA casualties.
Fixing Strategic Bombers so that they add +2 damage onto raids.
Allowed USA to go to war if Japan declares war on ANZAC / UK.
Added one missing UK infantry to Egypt.
Dropped price of Cruisers to 9, when you have shipyards tech.
Deleting connection between Timguska and Kazakhstan.
Adding missing artwork for radar tech.
Allowed Axis powers to declare war on Americans separately, and for Americans to declare war on each Axis power separately.
Fixed Danish Straight to only require Denmark.
Fixed Japanese National Objective for controlling India, Hawaii, New South Wales, and Western United States.
Allowed Japan and ANZAC to take over friendly neutrals on European board.
German objective for unit in Egypt now counts for 5 instead of 3 pus.
Added missing art for Airfields with Rockets.
Fixed issue with Mongolian units not converting to Russians under most circumstances.
Prevented placement of factory units on islands on the pacific side.
Switched Jehol and Shantung production.
Changing Russian Lend Lease objective to only work when at war with Germany or Italy.
Changing politics to match Alpha +3 politics.
Finishing stupidly complex Mongolian rules and their triggers and politics.
Fixing Russian nationa objective for sz125 so that it affects all units except transports.
Added Mongolia in order to have complex Mongolian rules.
Finishing Alpha +3 National Objectives.
Preventing Combat-Movement takeover of Friendly Neutrals. You must now wait for Non-Combat Movement phase to take over them.
Allowing Submarines to pass through Straight of Gibraltar no matter who controls it.
Adding connection between Timguska and Novosibirsk.
Adding connection between Sikang and Tsinghai.
Deleting connection between SZ65 and Ecuador.
Deleting connection between SZ76 and Kenya.
Deleting connection between SZ86 and French Guiana.
Deleting connection between SZ88 and Venezuela.
Deleting connection between SZ89 and Central USA.
Fixed bug preventing UK_Pacific units from turning into British units.
Adding missing connection from French West Africa to Nigeria.
Deleting connection between SZ95 and Southern France.
Deleting Morocco from Gibraltar canal.
Everything done, now playtesting.
Units: infantry artillery mech_infantry armour American_infantry American_artillery American_mech_infantry American_armour fighter tactical_bomber bomber transport transportX submarine submarineX destroyer destroyerX cruiser cruiserX carrier carrierX battleship battleshipX aaGun American_aaGun airfield harbour factory_minor factory_upgrade factory_major Neutral_Navy